Friday, September 18, 2009

It's been a while!

Hey everyone! I know it's been a while since I've posted, but I do enjoy it, life just gets busy! Anyway, some crazy stuff has happened since last Christmastime. My health has definitely been the worst ever until about August. I ended up in the hospital twice dealing with my Crohn's disease. I'm on a new drug called Remicade that is supposed to put this in remission. It's a 2-hour infusion done in a hospital every 8 weeks. It's a life-long drug, but that's the choice I made so I could be healthy and normal. I'm a walking pharmacy at the moment, but I've never felt better! Next, I got a job working a block away at First Baptist Dallas. I work in the Developmental Center (daycare!) and this summer had the pleasure of teaching 13 three year-olds! I had a blast!! Now, school has started back, and am taking 15 hours at the University of Texas at Dallas. I plan to finish up in the Spring (finally!) I'm still working Tuesdays and Thursdays at FBD and am a floater. I'm usually on the baby floor, and am getting some great experience! ;) I won't need it for about 5 more years, but I'll have it! Also, Steve and I celebrated our 1 year anniversary on September 6th! I can't believe it's already been a year. It went by soo fast. He took me to Orlando and we went to Discovery Cove and swam with the dolphins! It was great! Well, football season has officially started and our house is divided... Florida Gators and Alabama Crimson Tide. Roll Tide Roll!
My class on Splash Day


No comments: